The Kindred Public Library is staffed solely by dedicated volunteers.
Are you interested in joining this fun, enthusiastic group? Training is provided! Complete the “sign me up as a volunteer” form available at the Library.
- perform front desk duties
- coordinate and/or provide assistance for special activities and fund-raising events
- provide ideas for additional events and library functions.
Several volunteers also serve as directors who coordinate various aspects of library functions. Contact these directors if you are interested in additional information in specific areas:
- Director of Administration – responsible for coordination of volunteers, office administration, overdue notices, website maintenance
- Director of Children’s Programming – responsible for reading programs and children’s events. This person may also order new materials of interested to youth.
- Director of Material Management – responsible for ordering, cataloging and shelving materials, removal of materials
- Director of Programming – responsible for organizing and scheduling of events
- Director of Technology – responsible for computer maintenance and purchase, remodeling projects, coordination of training opportunities.