Friends of the Kindred Public Library
Meeting Minutes – March 2, 2020
In attendance: Georgia Berg, Jen Guzik, Linda Otterson
The February 3 secretary minutes were presented for review. Motion by Jen and second by Linda to approve; motion carried.
The treasurer report for March was distributed, showing an end balance of $10,462.38. Credits included a $250 donation from Benevity. This represents a Microsoft donation as a result of Vince Guzik’s volunteer hours to KPL during computer setup and troubleshooting. The report will be filed as presented.
- 2020 Operating Budget – Review of expenses for the Library. Discussion which categories are Board responsibility vs Friends responsibility. This will be discussed further at the Board meeting and brought back to Friends in April.
- Library WiFi – Discussion on how to handle if WiFi service fails.
- Volunteers – Two new volunteers have been trained by Jen G to work at the front desk.
- Donation forms – Linda has drafted donation forms, one for material donations and one for financial. Memorial cards and donation receipts will be available at the front desk.
- Meeting schedule – A list of 2020 Friends/Board meeting dates will be posted at the Library, and also at City Hall.
- March event list – An email regarding upcoming events will be sent to Library Friends and also posted on the entry and Library bulletin boards.
The next Friends meeting will be Monday, April 6, at 6:00 in the Library; followed by the Board meeting at 7pm.
Georgia Berg, Secretary
Friends of the KPL