Friends of the Kindred Public Library
Meeting Minutes – April 12, 2021
In attendance: Lisa Anderson, Linda Otterson, Gail Rogne, Jen Guzik, Georgia Berg
A motion by Linda and second by Gail approved the March 8 minutes; motion carried.
The April 12 financial report was submitted showing a balance on March 31 of $9368.88. Credits included $462.50 from the Benevity Fund, representing Vince Guzik’s time donation as employee of Microsoft. Gail will draft a check to herself in reimbursement for the $49.99 filing of 990N IRS report for Library business; motion by Georgia and second by Linda to authorize this transaction; motion carried. The report will be filed as presented.
- Missoula Theater – will be handled by the Library Board of Trustees
- Community Rummage Sale – May 1 – Gail will provide staffing from 8am-noon. The old fireplace will be offered for sale, along with miscellaneous computer equipment and furniture. A bag of books will be $1. Gail will also set up for the sale.
- May events include Breakfast with a Book on May 8 – “Redhead by the Side of the Road” by Anne Tyler. May 15 is Saturday Storytime – National Chicken Dance Day; Linda is the reader.
- Storywalk – Linda and Jen. $430 grant approved from the State Library to purchase a laminator for books used in the Walk. Two-three copies of various books will be purchased. Event needs to be ready by May 31. Money will also be used for an activity bag that corresponds with the books.
- Festival of Tables – August 10. Ticket price may need to be increased. Purse raffle will continue at $.50/ticket.
- Summer Reading Program – June-July. May be offered in connection with Storywalk.
- Monday Storytime – starts April 19; Linda and Sandra will handle.
- Little Free Library – Gilbertson Park location opened on April 11. Jen added books at both locations.
- 20th Anniversary Ideas – Discussion started for 2022.
- Kindred Days 2021 – July 31-August 1. Open House on Saturday, the 31st. Instead of root beer floats, other options may be considered. Further discussion in May.
- Park Board office space – Express Lane will be opening a juice bar in this area.
Friends will meet on Monday, May 10, at 6pm; followed by Board of Trustees meeting at 7:00.
Georgia Berg, Secretary
Friends of the KPL