Friends of the Kindred Public Library
Meeting Minutes – October 7, 2019
In attendance: Angie Allison, Lisa Anderson, Georgia Berg, Kristin Engelstad, Jen Guzik, Jessica Lindemann, Linda Otterson, Gail Rogne,
The secretary minutes from 09/09/2019 were presented; motion by Linda and second by Jen G to approve. The financial report was presented, showing a balance on 09/30/2019 of $15,212.44. Discussion included the August Festival of Tables income: $1345 from tickets, $776 from the raffle and $100 donation; expenses of $39 for newspaper ad; profit was $2182. The financial report will be filed as presented.
- Tour of Homes – November 24 – Angie, Kristin and Jessica. The meeting with homeowners is planned for October 30. A Save the Date notice will be included on Facebook. Angie will get a permit for the basket raffle. Six homes will be included on the 2019 Tour: Bridgette & Lance Bessette, Andrea & Aaron Onken, Trudy & Dale Torgerson, Kia & Mark Richard, Samantha & Josh Allmaras, SaraMajkrzak & Ben Eisenshenck. Linda with work with advertising; Gail will place candy cane markers; Georgia will handle raffle donation letter. Discussion on offering tickets at $15 each if purchased in advance; $20 on the day of the Tour. Kristin and Jessica will serve as the 2020 chairpersons.
- Library coffee mugs – Jen G will gather information and order mugs to be used for promotional purposes.
- Trick or Treat at KPL – October 31. The Library will be open from 5-7:30; three people will be needed to greet families.
- Little Free Libraries – Jen G recommended closing the Gilbertson Park location from November 2019-Spring 2020 due to access difficulty with snow. The Kindred Park location will remain open year round.
- December Lighting Contest – Joan H will be contacted for information.
The Library Directors will meet on Monday, November 4, at 5:00. Friends of the KPL will meet at 6pm, followed by the Library Board at 7:00.
Georgia Berg, Secretary/Friends of the Kindred Public Library