Friends of the Kindred Public Library
Meeting Minutes – October 5, 2020
In attendance: Georgia Berg, Gail Rogne, Jen Guzik (all via Zoom) and Linda Otterson, Lisa Anderson at the Library.
Minutes from the September 14 meeting were approved with a motion from Gail and second from Linda.
A paper copy of the October financial report submitted after this meeting indicated an ending balance of $12,301.07.
- Tour of Homes – Enjoy Your Home for the Holidays. The 2020 version of the Tour will be a virtual online event held from November 22-December 15. The annual lighting contest will be combined with the Tour of Homes. Photos can be submitted of inside rooms or outdoor decorations. The raffle permit application has been submitted. Planning committee members are Jen Swenson, Angie Allison, Kristin Engelstad, Jesse Lindemann, and Jackie Johnson.
- Lisa will contact the City office about Halloween procedures in Kindred amid COVID-19. If trick-or-treating is encouraged, Library volunteers will distribute treats outside the building by handing to each child. Books will not be offered.
- Linda will post a Facebook update about Library participation in the Amazon Smile program.
- Several boxes of books have been received at the Library. Gail will check quality and need of each item.
- The daily tally sheet used by volunteers will be updated to reflect patron comments and volunteer suggestions.
The next Friends meeting will be on Monday, November 9, at 6pm, and the Board at 7:00. Both meetings can be attended in the Library or via Zoom. Directors will meet at 5pm.
Georgia Berg, Secretary
Friends of the KPL