Kindred Public Library
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, March 8, 2021
Joan P. called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm.
Present were Joan Pratt, Sara Anderson, and Deb Grossnickle via Zoom; Lisa Anderson, Jackie Johnson, and Jen Guzik.
Jen G. motioned to approve previous month’s minutes with revisions, Deb seconds.
Treasurer’s report: $45.13 maintenance; $200.10 check from City – need to deposit. Sara motioned to approve Treasurer’s Report, Joan seconds.
Deb reported that Dan Albright (who purchased the house next door to library) was inquiring about trimming the trees on library property that overhang onto his yard. Will respond that is fine to trim.
Kelly Rustad asked about vehicles parked behind library (not volunteer or tenant vehicles; tenant in neighboring apartment building) in reference to snow removal. Having to go around the vehicles parked there takes additional time with costs more. Will first check with Jim to see what, if any arrangements, were made for allowing parking at the building. Then will ask apartment tenant to park elsewhere, esp. during snowfall.
Jackie presented some financial tracking options. Will table for now.
Committee Action Plans – Committees will present next in April (quarterly).
Director’s Report/Friends Report – Lisa
- Missoula – will be March 22-26; Safari – no decision made yet
- Winter Reading program will run until March 15 for both child and adult submission.
- KAAP – Youth Art month – The library will host KAAP youth art. Art will be displayed in March.
- Linda and Jen are working on a story walk grant in coordination with the Park Board.
- National Library Week is April 4-10; Working on some events, possibly on FB, will hang banner as well.
- Volunteer Appreciation – working on TY for volunteers for National Library WeekGilbertson Park Little Free
- Library – Jen Guzik will fill the LFL in Gilbertson Park as weather starts warm up.
- Festival of Tables – Looking at August 10 for event date.
- Tour of Homes – Looking at November 21 for event date. Currently planning on going back to original format or touring physical homes.
- Patron Stats – Lisa previously emailed and presented the stats
20th Anniversary – The library’s 20th anniversary will be in 2022.
Jackie motions to change the regular Library Board Meetings from the 1st Monday of the month to the second Tuesday of the month, Jen seconds. 2021 Board Meeting Calendar will be April 11, May 10, June 14, July 12, August 9, September 13, October 11, November 8, and December 13.
Jackie motions to adjourn the meeting at 7:54 pm, Jen seconds.
Next meeting is April 12, 2021 at 7 pm.