Kindred Public Library
August 5, 2019
- Joan called the meeting to order at 7:11 pm. Present were Lisa, Ozzie, Deb, Joan, and Jackie.
- Deb approved minutes from last month, Joan seconded. All approve.
- Treasurer’s report
- Joan motions to approve treasurer’s report, Jackie seconded. All approve.
- Old Business
- Lisa working on researching new computer.
- Summer reading program.
- Kindred Days – put up new collection and will highlight ND collection and local authors. Keep summer reading program up.
- Jen – little free library update – one year celebration on July 18 5:30-7:30 cookies and lemonade. Jen is looking for some volunteers. Linda will put article in the paper. Ozzie will talk to Tabitha to add the information to the city newsletter. Jen looking into metal name plaque to honor Tony Kramer who built the little free libraries.
- Promote local authors in August. Joan talked to Arlene Haux’s family, and she was sold out of her book. She ordered another supply but ran out as well.
- Festival of Tables August 13. Georgia sent out email to people who have done tables in the past.
- Book sales during rummage sales was $13.00. Book sale will also be held during Kindred days in August. Other kindred Days – usually get a speaker in. Will promote regional authors. Jason mentioned having an author speak in the park. Session in the library.
- Sara Bio Girls – finished their service project. Put a book shelf together, teams organized books, dust, weeding, picking up around building on June 19.
- New Business
- Friends – Lisa
- Safari Theater will be during Kindred Days. August 5-9; $1600 for program. $500 in registration fees so far.
- Festival of Tables – Aug. 13; have 9 tables, room for up to 14; decorating a table with any theme; table host provides dessert and Library provides wine and apps; Different this year – Linda Otteson has old cookbooks and the theme will be retro/classic appetizers. Need kitchen helpers and purses for purse raffle. 8 people per table, $15 per ticket.
- Friends – Lisa
- Lisa presented the statistics for June. (January – June)
- New Volunteer – Heidi Larsen
- Gayle culled items
- Jackie made a motion to adjourn, Deb seconded.
- Next meeting will be Monday, August 5, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.